Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Story posted on
BROOKSIDE Care Home is inviting children to meet Father Christmas and his reindeer later this month.
The home on Ruskin Avenue’s ‘Reindeer Day’ will be held on Tuesday 22nd December from 2pm to 4pm.
Spokesperson Lyn Rendell said, “We have two beautiful reindeer coming – Comet and Cupid – and they will be bringing Father Christmas to the grotto where children can see Santa and give him their Christmas letters. Maybe he will even have something for them in the grotto!
“In the meantime the reindeer will be giving our residents rides in a sleigh – a truly magical experience to start the festive season for them. Cupid is a really friendly boy and will be joining us inside to meet anyone who may be unable to go outside; he is really gentle and will lie his head in their lap for them to stroke him.”
The home also has a number of other events coming up for the festive season:
• Monday 7th December will see mayor Terri Welch officially open the Christmas pub, The Pilgrim’s Arms at 7pm.
• Thursday 10th December: Bless Melksham Choir will be singing at 2pm.
• Saturday 12th December: the Till Valley Singers will be visiting at 3pm.
• Tuesday 15th December: Kingfisher Nursery will sing at 10.30am.
• Thursday 17th December: Queensway Chapel will be visiting at 10.30am.
For more information about any of the events contact the home on 01225 706695. Brookside is a care home in the centre of Melksham run by the Order of St John Care Trust.