Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Wiltshire prepares to go to the polls this week as people cast their votes in the general election.
The polls open throughout the county from 7am to 10pm on 8th June and eligible voters are being encouraged to make sure they have their say.
Here is all the information that people need to know:
• The eligible Wiltshire electorate is 365,358
• There are hundreds of polling stations throughout the county. To find their local one, people should visit http://elections.wiltshire.gov.uk/Finder/Station
• Details of all the local candidates can be found at www.wiltshire.gov.uk/elections-general-2017
• People don’t need to take their polling card along to vote but it does help to speed the process up at the polling station if they do
• For those sending a postal vote, it must be received by the acting returning officer by 10pm on 8th June at either the Monkton Park office in Chippenham (as this is the postal vote opening centre) or any polling station in the correct constituency. People shouldn’t post postal votes in the County Hall letterbox in Trowbridge
• There are five parliamentary constituencies in Wiltshire; Chippenham, Devizes, North Wiltshire, Salisbury, and South West Wiltshire
• The count will start at around 1am/1:30am in the early hours of 9 June
• The final declaration of local results is likely to be at some point between 4am and 5am on 9 June
• Wiltshire Council will broadcast the results live on Twitter as they are declared. People should follow @WiltsCouncil
• All the results will also be available on the council’s website at www.wiltshire.gov.uk
Carlton Brand, Wiltshire’s returning officer and Wiltshire Council corporate director, said, “We’re ready for the big day and seeing all the work and prep we’ve done over the last six weeks or so come to fruition.
“We hope to have a good turn out and our staff are looking forward to seeing everyone at the polls.”
For more information on the election, including a list of all the candidates, people should visit www. wiltshire.gov.uk/elections