Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
JOIN in with The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning and help raise money for people facing cancer.
Macmillan Cancer Support is hosting its ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ with fundraisers around the country serving up coffee (and tea) and cake, all in aid of the charity.
In 2016, Melksham raised hundred of pounds for Macmillan and this year should be no exception, with coffee mornings being held across Melksham and surrounding villages including:
• Melksham Rotary and the Arthouse Cafe, Friday 29th September. All day. Catch up over a cuppa and enjoy some treats.
• Tops Hair Salon & Beauty, Fri 29th, 9am onwards: Cake and coffee morning all for a great cause. Everyone is welcome.
• Melksham Baptist Church, Old Broughton Road, Fri 29th, 10am-12pm: Enjoy a tea or coffee and a slice of cake, and know that you are contributing to a very worthwhile cause.
• Forest Community Centre, Fri 29th, 10.30am: Everyone is invited for a good natter over coffee and cake. Plus a raffle with prizes donated from local businesses.
• Bowerhill Ladies Group, Saturday 30th, 11am-1pm, 16 Mallard Close, Bowerhill. Please come along, we’d love to see you and hopefully beat the total of £250 which we raised last year.
• Jayson Kent Estate Agents, Friday 29th September. Join us for coffee, tea and cake and raise money for a great cause.
• The Wishing Well Boutique, Church Street, Friday 29th September, 10.30am-midday. Tea and coffee and a selection of cakes. Donations of homemade cakes welcome.
• Five Rivers Recruitment, Friday 29th September, 9.30am-12pm. Drop by for tasty cakes, coffee and great company.
• Seend Community Centre, Fri 29th, 10am-12noon: There will be coffee and cake of course, plus games, a raffle, bring and buy and lots of socialising. Entry by donation. Anyone who can offer a cake or a raffle prize for the event, please call 01380 828638. Last year the Seend event raised over £600 and hopes to equal or beat that figure this year.
See where your nearest public coffee morning is happening by visiting
www.coffee.macmillan.org.uk/about/search/ Why not catch up over a cuppa whilst raising money so no-one has to face cancer alone.