Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
MELKSHAM Area Board has teamed up with local partners and activity providers to organise a two-week programme of free activities and events to inspire a love of learning in family life.
The fortnight of activities from 14th – 29th October will provide a great opportunity for families to get out and have fun in their local community.
There will be a wide variety of events and activities for families to take part in, including:
· Circus skills workshop at the Melksham Town Hall
· Bug House building with Wiltshire Wildlife Trust at the Conigre Mead Nature Reserve
· A family adventure trail starting at Melksham Library
· An open day at Melksham Fire Station, with Wiltshire Scrapstore offering ‘emergency vehicles’ themed arts and craft activity inside
· Baby gym taster session run by Wiltshire School of Gymnastics at the Town Hall
· The Mobile Museum ‘Time Machine’ session at Melksham Library.
There are 17 free events and activities in the Melksham Community Area ensuring the Family Learning Festival is accessible to everyone.
Jon Hubbard, chair of Melksham Area Board said, “This innovative and beneficial programme offers families in the Melksham community area an opportunity to take part in a variety of activities with one another. It will also provide parents and children with confidence in learning, as well as supporting children’s achievements at school, and raising their aspirations. I’m looking forward to seeing as many people as possible participating in the events.”
Rhys Schell, Wiltshire Council’s community engagement manager has put together the programme, working with local clubs, groups and services.
Rhys said, “A huge thank you to all the local organisations who have so generously given their time and facilities for the benefit of the community. I’m very pleased that there is such an exciting and varied programme on offer to families in the area.”
The full programme is contained within this week’s Melksham News, but leaflets can also be found at the Town Hall and Melksham Library. For further details contact Rhys Schell on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.melksham .ourcommunitymatters.org.uk/.