Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
The details in full:
Melksham House site – planned facilities
• 25 metre, 6 lane swimming pool
• Learner pool
• Fitness suite – 75 stations
• Studio – dance and fitness
• Sports hall x 6 court
• Library / community
hub – based on
successful Calne model
• Squash courts x 2
• Tennis courts x 4
• Multi Use Games Area (for
netball, basketball etc).
• Outdoor bowls
• Cricket facilities
• Melksham Without Parish
• GP surgery
Melksham campus – other facilities
• Provision of land for new youth
centre at King George V Park
(subject to transfer of trust) –
working with Young Melksham
to enable them to deliver
• Provision of land for indoor
bowls facility + pump prime
match funding of £150K
• Tennis courts x 4 – early
provision along with cricket
The council continues to face financial pressures – service demands and continued grant reduction.
• This year (2017/18) – £13.3m
• Next year (2018/19) – £25m
• Next 3 years – total £45m
Campus programme delivery was based on sale of assets + borrowing – no capital pot. Pay back was based on reducing maintenance backlog and running costs and releasing number of assets.
£6.4m allocated this budget year.
Capital and revenue business case required for all future campus projects based on sustainable facilities and reduced/diminishing subsidy in the future.
Melksham House site – update
Business case requires mixed use of the site to include residential development to assist funding of new centre.
Plus – the disposal of the following assets:
• Library • Christie Miller Site
• Canberra Youth Centre
Total investment for Melksham House site plus facilities delivered will exceed £23 million.
To note: Christie Miller centre in state of disrepair and ongoing maintenance required to keep centre operational.
• Business case to Wiltshire Council cabinet – December 2017.
• Pre-consultation with planners underway.
• Finalise site layout and centre design.
• Planning application submission and public consultation.
• Regular area board updates throughout the programme delivery.