Widgetized Section

‘Environmental vandalism’ sparks outrage amongst Murray Walk residents

UPSET residents in the Murray Walk area are calling for action to be taken after work carried out in the fields owned by Cooper Tire Europe caused  devastating damage to trees, hedgerows and the habitats of protected species of wildlife.

Earlier this month, local resident Sue Stoker was horrified to witness the damage being caused by a man on a tractor. “Myself, my husband and many friends who regularly walk our dogs down Murray Walk, were really horrified to see the appalling environmental vandalism that has been caused to the entrances to the fields at the top of the walk,” she said. “On Friday 13th October, we came across a man in a tractor causing the damage. Not only were a number of well established fruit trees destroyed, but so were quite a few shrubs and bushes, which were home to a number of wild birds, but rubbish was dumped across the entrances to the badger sets as well as a ‘dam/bridge’ of rubble placed across the stream near where the swans have nested for the past few years.”

The rubble in the stream has also caused damage to the habitat of water voles, known to be in the area, which are protected in the UK under the Wildlife and Countryside Act, 1981. Distressed by the damage caused to plants and the threat to wildlife, residents involved their local councillor, Martin Pain, to help resolve the problem and also reported the incident to the Environment Agency.

The land is owned by Cooper Tire Europe, and rented by local farmer Tim Farthing from Halfway House Farm in Beanacre. He said, “The Environment Agency had told me that the bridge I use to access the land, known as Black Bridge, was unsafe and that I could no longer use it.

“With a hurricane approaching I needed emergency access to my maize crops to harvest them before damage could be caused. With Cooper’s permission I built a  temporary crossing through the grass fields and into the river flat where my maize was.

“I didn’t believe that I was doing any harm. As soon as a resident told me about the badger sett, I stopped. I plan to rectify what’s been done. I will be removing the stone and   rubble from the brook and then we will be applying for permission from Wiltshire Council to lay a pipe under the bridge over the brook so water can flow and I can still access the land.”

Marketing communications manager for Cooper Tire Europe, Sarah McRoberts added, “As a local employer and landowner, Cooper Tire Europe takes its responsibilities very seriously. We are taking advice from experts and are conferring with our tenant to formulate a plan of action to address the situation.”

An Environment Agency spokesperson said, “We have investigated this incident alongside the local authority, which is responsible for flood risk in this area. We have been in discussion with the relevant party, who has indicated that the situation will be rectified.”

13 Responses to ‘Environmental vandalism’ sparks outrage amongst Murray Walk residents

1. 2018Clair

December 19, 2017 at 10:03 pm

I see your main page doesn’t rank in google’s top 10, but your articles can get into top 10.

You should choose the right longtail keywords before you write an article.
    How to find super easy longtail keywords?

Search in google for; Fasrixo’s tools

February 13, 2018 at 6:16 am

vidmate is great app for downloading the video and new movies .to download the vidmate app than click on the given link. https://www.vidmate.org.in/

February 13, 2018 at 6:18 am

vidmate is an awesome app for downloading the video and latest movie in free of cost.http://vidmateapp.net.in/

4. Ernie Brownson

February 27, 2018 at 6:35 pm

Beautiful anniversary card friend. These pieces are perfect in the article. Thank you for sharing this marvelous post.

5. Chas Simpelo

February 28, 2018 at 11:02 am

Birthday needs can be more significant, when the recipient is made to truly feel happier and a lot more expectant about receiving more mature.

6. RUI

March 4, 2018 at 3:30 pm

Well I like what you said,As a junior i want some suggestion. Check my video.Thanks http://ceesty.com/wmofVm

7. Billie Krawczyk

March 14, 2018 at 9:13 pm

What i don’t understood is in fact how you are no longer really much more well-appreciated than you may be right now. You are very intelligent. You realize thus considerably in terms of this matter, produced me in my view consider it from so many numerous angles. Its like women and men aren’t involved until it is one thing to do with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. Always take care of it up!

8. Dorcas Puz

March 14, 2018 at 11:10 pm

Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch!

9. Carin Petrick

March 15, 2018 at 2:58 pm

the most common table lamp these days still use incandescent lamp but some of them use compact fluorescent lamps which are cool to touch,,

10. Meta Sayko

March 16, 2018 at 5:04 pm

For ice cream plan, you would enjoy your events with long lasting ice cream flavors along with flavors of month sub system and significantly even more other system. You would get every single month new flavor of month for ice cream underneath flavor of month subprograms. Other subprograms are sherbets, rotators, sorbets, ices, very low fats and yogurts gone insane.

11. Louis Stdenny

March 16, 2018 at 9:18 pm

I am only writing to let you understand what a really good discovery my girl encountered browsing your site. She noticed several things, which include what it is like to have an awesome helping mindset to make the rest just know just exactly specific specialized subject areas. You truly surpassed people’s desires. Thank you for rendering these priceless, dependable, revealing and easy guidance on that topic to Janet.

12. Yvette Neidert

March 17, 2018 at 1:07 am

Wonderful blog. I learn a little something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It’s stimulating to read through articles from other writers. I’d like to use some of the content on my website if you don’t mind. For sure I’ll give you a backlink to your blog. Nice one for sharing.

13. Murray Bobadilla

March 18, 2018 at 4:11 am

ther are many outdoor decors out there on the local hardware but we always use outdoor decors coming from recyclable materials*