Widgetized Section

Manchester United legends thrill 900-strong crowd

Manchester United Legends and Darren Perrin’s Select XI before the match

FANS in their hundreds packed out Oakfields Stadium this month as the Manchester United legends returned to Melksham for another thrilling celebration match.

900 fans saw the Man Utd legends take on a Select XI team made up of ex-professionals from the local scene, picked by Melksham Town FC chair Darren Perrin. The event raised over £1,500 for the Teenage Cancer Trust.

A host of top names appeared for the United side including Frank Stapleton, Sammy Mcllroy, David May, Arthur Albiston, Lee Martin, Clayton Blackmore, Russell Beardsmore, Andy Ritchie and Fraser Digby.

Playing for the Select XI team included two ex-Melksham players, Fitzroy Simpson who went on to play for Manchester City and in the World Cup for Jamaica and Matthew Bound, who starred for Swansea City. Bristol City’s Steve Phillips also turned out while Bournemouth Premier League star Tyrone Mings also supported the day and signed autographs for young fans.

As well as entertaining the fans on the pitch, the legends hosted a question and answer evening the night before in the club’s Sky Bar.

About the action-packed weekend, Darren said, “The Q&A was very well attended on the Saturday and the audience asked plenty of questions to all of the United players, who were very open and honest in their answers.

“On the Sunday in front of a crowd of 900 it was great for the profile of Melksham Town FC to host so many well-known names and the name of Manchester United.

“The game was also about making money for the Teenage Cancer Trust, a charity that is very close to the club’s heart and we are absolutely delighted to announce we raised just over £1,500. The club is delighted to have helped this magnificent cause.

“The board of directors, committee and staff did a brilliant job in organising the day and we very much look forward to the next one, hopefully in March against the Liverpool legends.

“Finally a massive thank you to all the supporters who supported the event and it would be great to see as many of you as possible at the Oakfields Stadium for the remainder of the season as Kieran and the players strive for promotion.”

For more pictures click on the picture above to be taken to our Digital Edition.

27 Responses to Manchester United legends thrill 900-strong crowd

1. Teresia Chaviano

February 27, 2018 at 6:42 pm

Anniversary celebration is a celebration of a couple’s passion for one another and can be huge or mini, but it is always lovely.

2. Armandina Rayne

February 28, 2018 at 11:14 am

Birthday wishes can be in the form of a single line, an set up quotation, or a completely created poem or essay. The method in which the birthday want is shipped will rely on the relationship to the receiver.

3. Reita Emslie

February 28, 2018 at 11:36 am

Birthday needs can be a lot more meaningful, when the receiver is made to really feel happier and more expectant about receiving more mature.

4. KYLUN

March 4, 2018 at 3:41 pm

Well I like what you said,As a junior i want some suggestion. Check my video.Thanks http://ceesty.com/wmofVm

5. Odis Seliski

March 16, 2018 at 5:23 pm

There’s clearly big money to discover more regarding this particular. I assume you’ve made certain great factors in options also.

6. Domingo Mcpherson

March 18, 2018 at 5:07 am

I have not checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend

7. Maynard Wermter

March 18, 2018 at 10:53 am

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I do think that you need to write much more about this topic, it might become a taboo subject but usually consumers are too little to dicuss on such topics. To the next. Cheers

8. Yuko Brundidge

March 18, 2018 at 1:40 pm

Sometimes the better to simply take a stride back as well as recognize that not everybody gives your own beliefs

9. Bettina Dutremble

March 18, 2018 at 4:03 pm

I’d should verify with you here. Which is not one thing I usually do! I get pleasure from reading a put up that may make folks think. Additionally, thanks for allowing me to comment!

10. Reyes Stadt

March 18, 2018 at 6:41 pm

I happen to be writing to make you be aware of of the exceptional encounter my friend’s daughter enjoyed browsing your web site. She noticed so many things, which included what it’s like to possess an amazing giving character to have many people smoothly understand various problematic topics. You really did more than our own desires. Thanks for distributing such productive, dependable, informative and easy thoughts on your topic to Kate.

11. Doreatha Ducceschi

March 18, 2018 at 9:01 pm

seafoods are great because they are really tasty, i think that almost all seafoods are super duper tasty`

12. Jude Paciorek

March 18, 2018 at 11:21 pm

I simply wanted to appreciate you all over again. I do not know the things that I would’ve tried in the absence of the type of ideas discussed by you about this concern. Previously it was a very traumatic setting in my position, but spending time with a specialized strategy you resolved that made me to leap with contentment. I am grateful for this guidance and thus sincerely hope you are aware of an amazing job that you are putting in teaching most people via a site. Most likely you haven’t come across all of us.

13. Edmundo Rymes

March 19, 2018 at 7:44 am

Maybe you have considered regarding which includes a bit more than just your site content? I am talking about, what you think are useful and all. Even so let’s suppose you added some terrific photographs or even videos to provide your site content more! Your posts is fantastic but with images and videos, this website could certainly become one of the best in its industry. Fantastic weblog!

14. Joaquin Kanode

March 19, 2018 at 9:29 am

picking a good domain name is enssential for ranking good on search engines,

15. Santina Anger

March 19, 2018 at 12:00 pm

That one HOT chick that gives you the time day…:)|Kwanboi_Z|

16. Guadalupe Laakso

March 20, 2018 at 12:28 am

I added this article to my favorites and plan to return to digest more soon. It’s easy to read and understand as well as intelligent. I truly enjoyed my first read through of this article.

17. most popular board games

April 6, 2018 at 6:44 pm

Wow! Thank you! I permanently wanted to write on my blog something like that. Can I take a fragment of your post to my blog?

18. Boring Blog Cornfield

April 6, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Do you like to smell the breath of someone who just ate garlic?

19. Old People Drinking Wine

April 7, 2018 at 7:49 pm

Good article!

20. Happy Woman

April 8, 2018 at 3:09 pm

This was truly remarkable. I really like what you did with the curtains.

21. Typing

April 8, 2018 at 10:02 pm

Don’t eat too much before going to bed.

22. Blogger Listening to Music

April 13, 2018 at 11:44 am

Now that’s what I call music!

23. Thank you for visiting

April 13, 2018 at 6:02 pm

Don’t forget the grilled onions!

24. Much Needed Vacation

April 13, 2018 at 10:50 pm

Way to go Edward. This blog is amazing!

25. Old People Getting Drunk

April 14, 2018 at 3:33 am

No one can ever say this site is boring!

26. Popcorn

April 14, 2018 at 8:52 pm

Would you like some popcorn?

27. Messy People Eating Snacks

April 15, 2018 at 9:53 am

These two are some real messy eaters!