Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
DURING last week’s meeting, Melksham Area Board awarded a number of community grants to local clubs, groups and organisations.
A key role of the area boards is to provide grants to community groups and youth funding, in partnership with the local youth networks. Local community engagement managers facilitate and enable closer working between the council, the community and area boards.
During the meeting on Wednesday 7th February, grants were awarded to:
• Wiltshire West District Scout Association, £500, to put towards the formation of a new Scout group to serve Whitley, Shaw and Atworth.
• Melksham Without Parish Council was awarded £573 towards a kissing gate at Shaw Playing field and £4,000 towards a new footway at Hornchurch Road.
• Young Melksham was awarded £740 towards a new pool table and sports equipment.
• Poulshot Village Trust was awarded £940 towards a rights-of-way accessibility project.
• Broughton Gifford Cricket Club was awarded £2,250 towards a community mower.
• Larkrise Community Farm was awarded £1,500 towards a sensory classroom project.
• Melksham Town Council was awarded £4874.79 towards grounds maintenance equipment.
• The area board also awarded a number of ‘Youth and Wellbeing’ grants including Carers Support Wiltshire who were awarded £2,980 (£630 approved pending the award of the 2018/2019 budget) towards a Community Connections project.
• Melksham and District Seniors was awarded £2,000 (£630 approved pending the award of the 2018/19 budget) towards an Older Persons’ Health and Wellbeing Programme for age-friendly Melksham.
• Melksham Baptist Church was awarded £500 towards meals for the elderly and vulnerable.
• Young Melksham was awarded £2,513 towards the continuation of the 13-18-year-olds’ youth club.
• Finally, AFC Melksham Disabled was awarded £1,170 to support the running costs and for new equipment.
Melksham Area Board said, “Congratulations to those awarded an area board community grant. The next Melksham Area Board meeting is on Wednesday 11th April at the earlier time of 2pm at the Melksham Assembly Hall.”