Widgetized Section

Council calls for action on town’s litter problem

Action must be taken to tackle the ongoing problem of fly-tipping and littering in the town, say town councillors.

Councillors discussed concerns over fly-tipping in  Church Street car park and littering in the Scotland Road and Murray Walk areas, at an asset management committee meeting last month.

“Church Street car park has become a dumping ground,” said cllr Martin Pain. “It is becoming a popular place to dump rubbish and it will become worse.”

The ongoing problem has been reported to Wiltshire Council who have cleared the rubbish away on a number of occasions, only for it to pile up again soon after.

Deputy mayor, cllr Jon Hubbard said, “Fly-tipping is a criminal offence; Wiltshire Council are clamping down and are getting quite tough on this. They can open bags, identify who the rubbish belongs to and issue fines.”

Town clerk Clare Harris is due to meet with representatives from Wiltshire Council this week to discuss ideas put forward by the council to resolve the problem. These ideas include CCTV, signage and patrols from civil enforcement officers.

Councillors also discussed concerns from a local resident about litter from McDonald’s on Scotland Road and Murray Walk.

It was noted that McDonald’s are keen to help with the problem by installing more bins in the area. It was suggested by the council that a bin be placed at the end of Scotland Walk, where most of the litter is left.

Above: the Fly-tipping in Church Street car park.

11 Responses to Council calls for action on town’s litter problem

1. Miss K.S . McKeown

April 18, 2018 at 11:40 am

The council needs to address the issue of who removed the domestic bins in the first instance. The rubbish is domestic and is directly due to the removal of the domestic rubbish bins .

2. curry 5

April 24, 2018 at 6:09 am

I’m commenting to let you be aware of what a really good encounter my wife’s daughter gained going through yuor web blog. She figured out lots of things, which include what it’s like to have a marvelous giving mindset to have many more quite simply know precisely a variety of multifaceted things. You actually exceeded my desires. Thank you for churning out these essential, trustworthy, educational not to mention easy thoughts on the topic to Gloria.

3. lebron 15 shoes

April 25, 2018 at 5:39 am

I wish to express my love for your generosity supporting persons that actually need help with this one idea. Your special commitment to getting the message across was amazingly powerful and has usually enabled girls much like me to achieve their ambitions. Your new warm and friendly instruction entails a whole lot to me and even more to my office colleagues. Thank you; from everyone of us.

4. longchamp handbags

April 26, 2018 at 12:05 am

I have to get across my affection for your kind-heartedness for those who should have help on this study. Your very own dedication to getting the solution up and down came to be exceedingly productive and have without exception helped those much like me to attain their targets. This informative guidelines signifies this much a person like me and much more to my office colleagues. Thanks a ton; from all of us.

5. Adidas NMD New Geometry Purple Grey

April 26, 2018 at 9:52 am

I must show some thanks to this writer just for rescuing me from such a predicament. As a result of surfing throughout the the web and getting suggestions that were not beneficial, I was thinking my entire life was done. Being alive minus the strategies to the problems you’ve solved as a result of the report is a crucial case, and those which could have in a negative way affected my entire career if I hadn’t discovered your web site. Your own personal talents and kindness in maneuvering a lot of things was valuable. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a step like this. I can also at this moment relish my future. Thanks for your time very much for this reliable and result oriented help. I won’t think twice to refer your blog to any person who desires care about this area.

6. hogan outlet

April 26, 2018 at 6:36 pm

Thank you so much for giving everyone an extremely splendid opportunity to read from here. It is usually very terrific plus jam-packed with a good time for me personally and my office colleagues to search your web site particularly thrice in 7 days to see the new stuff you have. And indeed, we’re at all times astounded with all the incredible secrets served by you. Selected two facts in this posting are completely the very best I have ever had.

7. Michael Kors Logo-Print Medium White Totes

April 27, 2018 at 5:30 am

I really wanted to compose a comment so as to appreciate you for all of the remarkable information you are sharing at this site. My considerable internet investigation has at the end of the day been recognized with excellent points to share with my friends. I would assume that many of us readers are extremely fortunate to be in a notable website with so many perfect individuals with great strategies. I feel truly grateful to have seen your webpage and look forward to some more brilliant minutes reading here. Thanks again for everything.

8. adidas online shop

April 27, 2018 at 9:37 am

I simply wanted to thank you so much yet again. I’m not certain what I would’ve tried in the absence of the recommendations contributed by you about my area. It had been a real distressing dilemma in my position, but witnessing a specialized manner you managed it forced me to leap over happiness. Now i am happy for the help and then sincerely hope you find out what a great job that you’re putting in educating most people using a blog. I am sure you’ve never got to know all of us.

9. christian louboutin shoes

April 28, 2018 at 4:50 am

I am just commenting to let you understand of the nice encounter my cousin’s girl encountered studying your web site. She even learned many details, which include what it’s like to have a very effective giving character to make many others completely master several complex issues. You actually exceeded her desires. I appreciate you for coming up with the useful, safe, edifying and as well as cool tips on this topic to Ethel.

10. links of london

April 29, 2018 at 1:23 am

I’m commenting to let you understand what a nice experience my child encountered browsing your blog. She even learned too many details, with the inclusion of what it is like to have a marvelous helping heart to let most people just have an understanding of a number of complicated issues. You truly exceeded our own expected results. Thanks for churning out such useful, trusted, informative and also easy tips about this topic to Sandra.

11. adidas yeezy

April 29, 2018 at 11:04 pm

Thank you so much for giving everyone such a breathtaking possiblity to read in detail from this blog. It’s usually very good and also stuffed with a great time for me and my office mates to search your site at the very least three times weekly to find out the fresh guidance you have. And definitely, I’m just always amazed with the splendid inspiring ideas you give. Some 4 points in this article are indeed the very best I have had.