Widgetized Section

Five ways to give feedback to help shape localhealth and care services

Share your experiences of local health and care services and make it better for everyone – that’s the message from the county’s independent health and care watchdog Healthwatch Wiltshire as it celebrated its fifth birthday on Sunday 1st April.

Healthwatch Wiltshire, along with 147 other healthcare organisations in England, was set up in 2013 as a result of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. Its role is to listen to the views of the public on local health and care services. They then use this feedback to help influence decision-making at a local level, shaping services for the better.

In the last year, the Melksham-based organisation has regularly visited all corners of the county and collected 2,495 individual views and experiences. Overall, 46 per cent of feedback was positive, with 424 comments praising the quality of services.

More than 60 volunteers also took part in over 500 activities over the last year and helped to collect feedback from the public.

Lucie Woodruff, Healthwatch Wiltshire manager, said, “On our fifth birthday, we are really proud of what we have achieved so far in the county. Our staff and volunteers continue to meet the community to listen to what people have to say about local health and care services.

“Everyone who uses health and care services has the right to expect a high standard. In order to help organisations achieve these standards, we need the public’s help. That’s why we actively encourage and welcome feedback.

“No matter how big or small the issue, we want local people to share their stories with us, so that we can share these ideas with those with the power to make change happen.”

Five ways to share your views on health and care in Wiltshire:

• Talk to a Healthwatch Wiltshire volunteer or staff member on an information stand in the community. See the events calendar for an up to date venue list: www.healthwatchwiltshire.co.uk/events

• Pick up the phone and talk to a friendly member of staff to share your experience: 01225 434218

• Email your story to info@healthwatchwiltshire .co.uk

• Leave feedback online: www.healthwatchwiltshire .co.uk

• Join our growing team of volunteers – and help give people a powerful voice to make a real and lasting change, visit: www.health watchwilthshire.co.uk/ volunteering

Above: Staff and volunteers at Healthwatch Wiltshire celebrate its 5th birthday. From left Shiena Bowan, Lucie Woodruff and Paul Lefever.

7 Responses to Five ways to give feedback to help shape localhealth and care services

1. http://fiverr.com/eebest8

April 19, 2018 at 4:53 pm

“F*ckin’ tremendous things here. I am very satisfied to see your article. Thanks so much and i am having a look forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?”

2. comprar

April 22, 2018 at 3:32 am

Hey, thanks for the post.Thanks Again. Much obliged.

3. tri-cities real estate

April 22, 2018 at 11:38 am

Really informative post.Thanks Again. Want more.

4. adidas nmd

April 23, 2018 at 4:11 pm

My wife and i felt absolutely lucky that Ervin could carry out his reports because of the precious recommendations he acquired out of the web pages. It’s not at all simplistic to simply always be giving away tips and tricks that many other people may have been trying to sell. We really figure out we now have the blog owner to give thanks to for that. These illustrations you made, the straightforward blog menu, the relationships you can make it easier to promote – it’s most superb, and it’s helping our son in addition to us recognize that this situation is enjoyable, and that’s truly essential. Many thanks for everything!

5. huaraches

April 24, 2018 at 3:12 pm

Thanks a lot for giving everyone such a brilliant opportunity to check tips from here. It is always very nice plus packed with amusement for me and my office friends to search the blog at the least three times in 7 days to see the newest guides you will have. Not to mention, I am also always fascinated considering the outstanding pointers you serve. Certain two points in this article are essentially the most impressive we have all ever had.

6. balenciaga shoes

April 25, 2018 at 2:50 pm

I have to point out my affection for your generosity for those who actually need help with this field. Your special commitment to getting the solution all-around turned out to be definitely invaluable and has enabled folks like me to achieve their endeavors. Your personal invaluable guidelines can mean much a person like me and still more to my office workers. Thanks a ton; from everyone of us.

7. Adidas NMD x Louis White Red

April 25, 2018 at 4:45 pm

I have to express some thanks to this writer for bailing me out of this challenge. As a result of browsing throughout the online world and finding proposals that were not powerful, I assumed my entire life was gone. Living without the approaches to the issues you have fixed by means of your main guideline is a serious case, and ones which could have adversely affected my entire career if I had not encountered your web blog. Your own personal mastery and kindness in dealing with the whole lot was tremendous. I am not sure what I would’ve done if I had not discovered such a thing like this. I am able to now look ahead to my future. Thanks so much for your reliable and effective help. I will not hesitate to propose your blog to anybody who should have tips about this problem.