Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
MELKSHAM Area Board awarded a number of community grants to local clubs, groups and organisations at their meeting last week.
A total of £15,939.60 was given away at the meeting held on Wednesday 5th September.
The grants were awarded to:
• TransWilts Community Interest Company were given £5,000 towards the construction of a community building at Melksham Railway Station.
• Semington Village Hall management committee were awarded £2,500 towards the replacement of doors and windows that are 30-years old, and to improve access for wheelchair and pushchair users.
• Melksham Town Council and Broughton Gifford Parish Council were given £1,500 and £500 respectively towards benches as part of the area board’s age-friendly project to increase the number of benches in the town, to support people who need to take regular breaks when walking.
• Young Melksham were given £5,000 for their No Limits group – a club for young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) aged 13 to 25 years.
• Melksham Rugby Football Club were given £511.60 to help with their plan to nurture girls’ rugby. The club is building a new girls’ training and playing environment and the money will be used to purchase equipment.
• Bulkington Parish Council will use their £928 grant to help towards the installation of a defibrillator.