Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
MELKSHAM Area Board is to consider grants from local groups totalling £21,711 at the next meeting.
The board will consider a total of 11 applications on Wednesday 15th April at 7pm at Semington Village Hall. They include:
• Friends of St George’s School, Semington: Requested £4,675 for an adventure trail path project which would extend around the perimeter of the school’s field to enable play and recreation in the wetter, winter months.
• Melksham Community Area Partnership: Requested £993 for a mobile water bowser which volunteers can use to keep flowers, hanging baskets, new trees etc. watered during dry weather.
• Bulkington Village Hall: Requested £3,513 for floor repairs as the building was constructed in the 19th century, has solid walls which are very damp and require specialist damp proofing.
• Melksham Music Festival: Requested £1,583 to purchase electrical equipment for Melksham Party in the Park.
• The Learning Curve: Requested £1,000 for IT equipment for introductory internet courses.
• Wiltshire Mind: Requested £984 for a new intercom system so people can safely access counselling outside of normal working hours.
• Adventure Centre: Requested £5,000 for an improved drainage system. At present the drains will become blocked two to three times a year, which will limit the use of the building with fairly unpleasant consequences.
• Melksham Community Area Partnership: Requested £960 for an addition of a joystick to the new CCTV system in Melksham to enable full use to be made of the system.
• Melksham Seniors Forum: Requested £500 for equipment for older persons’ activities.